Jul 12, 2011

Busy busy week....

Last Thursday, my daughter told me she was having back pain, and wondered if it could be labor. Seeing how she had never so much as mentioned any pain with this pregnancy, I told her it probably wasn't labor just normal pregnancy aches. And besides, she wasn't even due yet for a few weeks. Well that night, she said she felt better, so I said for her to text me through the night, if she needed me. I left my cell phone turned up, just in case, though I doubted it wasn't neccessary.
Sure enough at 6:30 am, I am woken up to my cell phone, singing a tune, and a message for me to "ANSWER YOUR PHONE, I GOTTA GO TO THE HOSPITAL". She had been trying to get a-hold of me for over an hour!
So I jump up and fly to the kitchen, to wait for the phone to ring.
Finally it rings after a long 5 second wait, and I ask her if she is sure it is labor. Yes she says, I think my water broke.
My mind was racing, and I am mentally trying to think what I need to do, while trying to find the number for the taxi, that will rush me over there.
I wake my son up and tell him whats going on, and to sleep on the coach, to watch his 8 yr old sister when she gets up, while I get over there.
While I get ready I put the kettle on for my coffee, grab my purse, and coffee , and I am outta here!
My brain is still sleeping, and in a daze the whole time, while trying to remember what she should take to the hospital, and intermittedly running outside to watch for an ambulance.
She off she goes, I get my Grandson up, and dressed, grab what he needs, and get back home. I phone my ex to come over to watch the kids, get a ride to the hospital, rush up to the birthing unit, and a nurse tells me she had the baby, by c section an hour before!
I got to see the baby in the NICU. I had never seen a baby in person, that small before. My babys were all around 8 pounds, and this one was under 6.
Other then a bit of a difficulty feeding the baby is healthy. Still in the hospital, but she has started to gain weight now.
My Grandson has been here staying with me since, and I must say, although tiring at times, it's been fun.

No comments: