I'd like to say her first day went well, but it didn't. Not the homework part , which I was surprised to see, or the teacher(she had the same teacher in grade 2).
Last year we had a problem with another girl in her class. This girl is the sneakiest child. You know the kind. The child who , if when doesn't get their own way, will do whatever they can/say when they don't.
One thing that happened at the end of the last school year was, this girl had told Sarah to wear certain clothes the next day to school, and quote, said to Sarah if she didn't. "And if your mom doesn't let you, my dad will go over to your house, and hit her. And if your mom tries to call the police, my dad will break the phone."
Oh course, being the end of the school year, I'm not sure if anything was done, when I called the school about it, at that time.
So I called this morning, to switch her classes.
I always have believed in letting my kids, fight their own battles, telling them if someone bothers them, just walk away, etc, but enough is enough.
One thing I have learned about having a child with a disability, is that you are their voice. My daughter is a gentle child, who could possibly be taken advantage of, by bullies. I was not going to let this go.
School time has also changed, classes start 15 minutes early.
Altogether we're hoping for a good school year, this year.
And me? I go to an information session tonight, for my course I want to take. So I am hoping that turns out well, too.

1 comment:
I hope she has a great year. My son has a hard time in school also. Very hard. Every year I hope it will be better.
Post a Comment